Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 803b 349 ea BIN 8 available

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    803b 349 ea BIN 8 available


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    803b 349 ea BIN 8 available

    Altec Lansing Vintage Multicell Horn 803B Large Lot Sold Individually | eBay

    3

    4

    - - - Updated - - -

    Another seller has 1003's

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-Three-Altec-Lansing-Vintage-Multicell-Horn-1003B-w-Single-Throat-Adapter-/231025749547?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Speaker_Drivers_Horns &hash=item35ca352e2b

    5
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member gortnipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2008
    Posts
    244
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: 803b 349 ea BIN 8 available

    These look nice and clean. Seems like someone got a very good price on the 1005s.

    In a few years, we will be inheriting my MIL's house with a huge open plan living/dining/kitchen. It is probably going to be too big for my 604s to fill, so I am starting to think about larger format horns, and which ones I might get. Here in NZ there is not much Altec gear, and I think I have seen a pair of M19s, a pair of Valencias, a pair of A700s, and a single 416/32A speaker come up for sale in the country in the past 5 years along with odd pairs of bass drivers.

    So, I will likely have to buy some horns and have them shipped/stored at my brothers. (I dont think he could manage storing some A5 or A7 pairs!) Then I will likely get some drivers shipped from GPA to coincide with a work trip to the US and pay the extra baggage costs when I fly back, and build cabs.

    Both the 805 and 1005 horns interest me, and I am wondering about them in a home hi-fi setup - some compare contrast if a few of you would share your experiences?

    What is a good price for a clean pair of each with adapters?

    thanks in advance,

    GN

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.